Saturday, April 26, 2014

MAKE IT FUN!

I have a confession.  I've never really liked working out.  To me, staying in shape meant soccer practice, surfing, skating, biking, hiking, jiu jitsu, boxing, sparring, etc...  I never really woke up one morning and thought, "I can't wait to go lift weights in the gym today!"

But I know people like that, and I think I'm am starting to understand why.  I stay healthy and active because the sports and activities I choose to occupy my time are fun.  If you don't find lifting weights fun, then find something you enjoy (that's active, not video games or watching tv) and own it.

Don't be scared to step outside the realm of lifting weights up and down to get a workout.  Try a boxing class, jiu jitsu, caepoiera, cross fit, etc.  It also helps if it's something you can see and feel improvement in (makes it more fun).  When I boxed the first time I felt about as coordinated as a baby deer, but after a few classes I could move and punch in combinations.  One of my mentors, Professors, and friends told me it's all about the S.S.L.: Sweat. Smile. Learn.  Now go have fun

No comments:

Post a Comment